Cashew cream is one of our all-time favourite things to make. It's SO much healthier for you than traditional 'cream' and goes with just about anything. Right now we're loving it in-between our Anzac Biscuits for an Ice Cream Sandwich. But you can dollop it on strawberries or enjoy it with a vegan cake. We've even added it to homemade soups.
Vegan Cashew Cream Recipe
- Cashews - 4 cups (ideally, soak in water for 2-4 hours first)
- Coconut water - 1 cup
- Vanilla paste - 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt - 1 teaspoon
- Coconut oil - 1/2 cup
- Lemon - 1, squeeze the juice out
- Cacao nibs - 1/2 cup
- Blend all ingredients, except cacao nibs, until smooth
- Add in cacao nibs and stir
- Set in a container in the freezer overnight
- Defrost in fridge during the day
Ice Cream Sandwich, anyone?
Take our cream to the next level by using it for an Ice Cream Sandwich! Yep, it's as good as it sounds. Simply add some cream in-between two of our Anzac Biscuits and BOOM.
image credit: Vegetarian Times