We made the booze free original on our first day of shooting. And it was a long day. So we had to see how it played inclusive of the traditional rum. It did the job tasting like Barbados, home of Mount Gay rum.
So we created the Adults Only version of our cold pressed juice. A mocktail became a cocktail. And this one, whilst heavy on effort, is better than any of the simple syrup (sugar) saturated versions you'll order in a bar.
The Mojito Cold Pressed Cocktail
- Makes 3-4 serves
- Takes 7 minutes
- Kale - 2 cups
- Limes - 2, peeled
- Spinach - 2 cups
- Cucumbers - 300-350g
- Mint - 1 cup
- Apple - 1 1/2
- Rum - 30ml to 50ml of rum per drink (depending on sunshine and/or stress)
- Push all the clean ingredients through your cold pressed juicer
- Mix up green leafs with watery fruit to make it easier on your machine
- Fill a highball with ice and add rum
- Next pour green juice to the top and stir
- Garnish with mint leaves or lime
This recipe is perfect for entertaining guests in summer. Little backyard barbecue, a salad with mango and a couple of cold pressed mojitos. Nothing better. Just drink a little water that night and you'll wake up fresh enough to hit the gym or conquer your to do list.