Legs for days...
If you’re after those divine legs that are long, lean, toned and gorgeous – then we have the exercises for you. All can be done at home, so just pop on some fabulous music and get ready to welcome your even-more-amazing pins.
Bend, stretch, lower and lift
This exercise uses a barre, but you can easily use a benchtop or a piece of sturdy furniture.
- Stand holding your “barre” with your feet in a turned out position. Step back one arm’s length and fold forward, making a rounded shape with your spine.
- Bend your knees and lift your heels. Straighten your right leg in front of you to a 45 degree angle.
- Bend your knee slightly, then stretch it out again. Lower your toes to the floor, then lift them back to your starting position. Repeat this combination 15 times, then repeat the entire set with your left leg.
- Stand with your feet parallel. Step your right leg back and lower your knee to floor; making two 90 degree angles.
- Tuck your toes under and lift yourself up, hovering your back knee just off the floor.
- Lower down 3 cm, then lift 3 cm. Repeat 3 sets of 8 repetitions. Then repeat entire sequence with your left leg.
This is a great exercise that works everything – thighs, glutes, upper body and the core!
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips, toes turned out at 45 degree angle. Optional: hold on to a barre or piece of sturdy furniture. Bend your knees into a plié position.
- Side bend to the right, sweeping your left arm overhead. Repeat to the left. (This counts as 1 rep).
- Repeat 3 sets of 8 repetitions.