If you’ve watched the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, then you’ll be very well aware of those coveted supermodel abs. They’re perfectly toned but without a hint of a scary six pack, and more often than not, they’re on a woman’s wish list. We’ve put our heads together to bring you our favourite Barre Body moves to achieve those abs, all in the comfort of your own lounge room.
Tone Up Those Abs With These Exercises...
Start by lying on your right side, with your feet, hips and shoulders stacked.
Using your forearm, press up to a side plank, maintaining that stacked position.
Lift your hips up 3 cm, then lower 3 cm. Repeat approximately 15-20 reps, and then hold for 30 seconds.
Repeat on your left side.
Seated round back
- Sit with your legs stretched in front of your body. Round forward, placing your fingertips just outside of your knees.
- Scoop your abdominals and ribs away from your thighs.
- Lift your right leg up, then lower it with control. Repeat, alternating legs, for a total of 30 repetitions (each leg counts as 1 rep).
- If you’re looking for an advanced option, lift both your legs together for 3 reps.
Technique tip: scoop your abdominals and press your fingertips down as you lift your legs.
Double leg lower
(This exercise uses a ball to elevate hips, but a small cushion can be substituted instead.)
- Lie down on your back, with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Lift your hips and place a ball or cushion under your hips. Straighten both your legs up to 90 degrees. Engage your abdominals to slightly reduce the curvature of lower spine.
- Slowly lower both your legs, ensuring that your lower back does not lift or move. Hold 8 counts. Lift slowly back to your starting position.
- Repeat 3-5 times.