I love chocolate. You love chocolate. But there's nothing healthy about the store bought stuff. You can buy the expensive stuff from the organic joint. Which I do. Or you can whip up something even better.
Raw chocolate is actually so much easier than you think. You don't need Willy Wonker's factory or his army of workers (I really hope the Oompa Loompa's were paid a fair wage). This recipe calls for just four ingredients. And I've offered a few remixes if you want to get fancy. #figs
4 Ingredient Raw Vegan Chocolate
- Cacao butter - 1 cup
- Cacao powder - 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup - 3 tablespoons
- Sea salt - pinch
- Melt cacao butter or coconut oil in a bowl sitting above a pot of boiling water on the lowest stove temperature (double boiler)
- Take off the heat and add in cacao powder and whisk to mix
- Slowly add in maple syrup and sea salt to taste
- Pour into moulds or onto a tray and pop into the fridge or freezer to set and store
- Eat when set and store in the fridge or freezer
Variety Is The Spice Of Life
The following flavour combinations will trick your Lindt-loving family into believing you bought it from a couverture chocolate shop.
Add a handful of fresh or frozen raspberries and 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes.
Vanilla, Fig & Cardamom
Add 2-3 thinly sliced fresh figs, ½ teaspoon organic vanilla powder (or extract), ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom powder.
Add ½ cup chopped fresh Medjool dates and sea salt flakes.