We love chilli. It gives flavour to everything. Whether it's scrambled eggs, a quinoa bowl or a cold pressed juice.
We even mix it with chocolate. The Mexican inspired popcorn is not only delicious but it's metabolism boosting. That means your calorie burner is fired up. Conscious free chocolate popcorn.
Whip this up the next time you're binging on Netflix.
Mexican Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- Takes 4 minutes
- Serves 2
- Popcorn kernels - 1 cup
- Coconut oil - 1/2 cup
- Raw cacao powder - 1/2 cup
- Maple syrup - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla bean paste - 1/2 teaspoon (or 1 teaspoon essence)
- Sea salt - 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pop your corn kernels, either in the microwave or on the stove
- Melt your coconut oil in a pot or again, in the microwave
- Stir through all of the ingredients, creating your spicy chocolate sauce
- Put your popcorn in a big bowl and pour the chocolate over the top
This is the perfect guilt free snack for the 3pm's or accompanying the latest blockbuster. If you want some knowledge with your next movie then get our Top 10 Health Documentaries here.
image credit: The Kitchn