I don’t know about you, but I like my raw cookie dough to be refined sugar free, gluten free and salmonella free.
I was demolishing raw cookie dough back before it was a thing. I have fond memories of eating raw frozen cookie dough squares straight from the packet as a kid after a shopping trip with Dad. Then living on those soft tubes of m&ms cookie dough while at university, washed down with a sugar-free Red Bull. #Balance. As you can imagine, I was the picture of health.
These days, I not only give my body a little more Aretha Franklin loving, but I also have a little boob barnacle to care for. But the love of raw cookie dough still lingers.
These little cookie dough boys will keep the raw dough addiction satisfied without sacrificing your cool health food guru rep.
Raw Vegan Cookie Dough Balls
- Takes 10 minutes
- Makes 15 balls
- Raw cashews - 1 1/2 cups
- Quinoa flakes - 1/2 cup (can substitute for rolled oats)
- Cinnamon - pinch
- Sea salt - pinch
- Vanilla powder* - 2 tablespoons (or 1 tablespoon paste)
- Dark chocolate - 50g, chopped (or cacao nibs)
- Coconut oil - 1 tablespoon
- Maple syrup - 2 tablespoons
- Optional - Ginger - pinch
- Using a food processor, blend cashews and quinoa until it creates flour
- Add in the rest of the dry ingredients and blend
- Add wet ingredients and blend until it starts forming a ball and the food processor starts making a thumping noise
- If the dough seems a touch dry, add in a little water
- Add in chopped chocolate and roll into balls and set in fridge or freezer
- Easy AF
*The vanilla is the star of this recipe, without good quality vanilla your balls will just taste like standard bliss balls. I always use two tablespoons but start with one if you have trust issues.
image credit: Bakerella