"My Mum's spaghetti bolognese is better than your Mum's spaghetti bolognese!"
Said every Australian child in the 90s.
Seriously though, my Mum's is the bomb. That is until I learnt how to cook (secret ingredient is dried oregano and bay leaves by the way, also a dash of red wine vinegar at the end to cut through the hearty beef/beef stock flavours). Bolognese aside, here is my signature raw/vegan/paleo reinterpretation...
Raw Napoli Sauce Recipe
- Tomato - 1 1/2 medium, ripe
- Carrot - 1
- Onion - 1/2
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Basil leaves - 7
- Cracked pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Wash, peel and then re-wash carrot and onion
- Dice vegetables to thumbnail size
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and pulse, until the consistency of chunky salsa
My Serving Suggestions
Spiralise or julienne a zucchini, perhaps some spaghetti squash noodles, which ever
you prefer. Drop a healthy dose of sauce on top and sprinkle some walnut
parmesan cheese on top and call it macaroni (the fashionable wig from the 1770’s).