OutKast said it back in ’94. There ain't no thang like a chicken wing. Until now...
The flavour of America's favourite sportsbar food, only with the nutritional integrity of kale. If you're entertaining at home and want to seriously show off (casually, of course), then this is the go to.
Proceed as directed...
The Vegan Buffalo Chicken Wing
- Lime juice - 1 tablespoon (get your juice from a fruit, not a bottle)
- Almond milk - 1 1⁄4 cup
- Brown rice flour - 3/4 cup (you can even make brown rice flour by blending brown rice and sifting it)
- Sea salt - 2 teaspoons
- Smoked paprika - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper powder - pinch
- Chili powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Nutritional yeast - 2 teaspoons
- Rolled oats (crumbed) - 2 cups (use quinoa flakes for gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 180C (356F)
- Whisk the ingredients together
- Put rolled oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until they resemble small bread crumbs
- Combine all dried ingredients into a bowl
- Cut Cauliflower into medium size florets
- Using one hand, dip a hand full of cauliflower into the batter and coat well
- Using your second dry hand, coat cauliflower in seasoning and transport on to a lined baking tray
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn over, bake for another 10-15 minutes until crispy
And you're done.
.....OHHhh you want a dipping sauce?! Cool.
Add all of the following ingredients to a food processor or blender for 30 seconds
- Soaked cashews - 1 cup (soaked for 2-4 hours)
- Water - 1/3 cup
- Dill - small handful
- Olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons (about 1/2 lemon)
- Garlic cloves - 3
- Grated cucumber - 1 cup
- Salt and pepper - "to taste"
You can make it nacho cheese flavoured by adding in smokey paprika and cumin.
image credit: My California Roots