The moment the words ‘Cauliflower Fried Rice’ hit my ear drums I had the recipe written on a mental posted note. Then an actual posted note. Since coming up with this recipe my brother and I have eaten it six times between us. And that was literally a week ago.
Simple, low carb, and cheap. Just like General Tso intended.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- Takes 10 minutes
- Makes 2 servings
- Cauliflower - 1/2 head
- Mixed frozen veg - 1 cup
- Spring onion - 1/4 cup
- Tamari soy - 2 tablspoon
- Omelette - 1-2 eggs
- Make cauliflower rice using a cheese grater or blitz in a food processor for 30 seconds, set aside
- Pre-heat a non stick frying pan, add a touch of olive oil or spray oil
- Using a fork, whisk 1 or 2 eggs in a cup and cook a flat omelette on the heated pan
- Remove omelette and wipe pan clean with a damp cloth or sponge
- Heat pan to a medium - high temperature and sweat frozen vegetables
- Make a well in the centre of the vegetables and add cauliflower
- Drop heat to a medium, add tamari soy sauce and cover for 1-2 minutes to let vegetables sweat
- Serve and garnish with omelette and spring onion
NEVER SCRAMBLE the egg into the cauli-rice, it’s a rookie mistake you need only learn once.
A few dried shrimp from an oriental grocer will add to the Chinese take out nostalgia.
Or some free range bacon bits if your inclined to go for that ‘Special Fried Rice’ sensation (I’d recommend getting the chunk of ‘Spec’ from a local deli instead of the water pumped bacon rashers).