I came up with this in a brainstorming session (read: balancing on my stall outside the kitchen drinking a chocolate cashew milk).
You don't need to reinvent the wheel here. Just use whatever veggies you have in the fridge and combine with sesame oil and tamari soy sauce. If the fridge is empty, go buy my favourites plants.
Cashew & Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
- Takes 15 minutes
- Makes 1 serving
- Cashew - 1/2 cup
- Broccoli - 1 cup
- Zucchini - 1 cup
- Bok choy - 1 cup
- Capsicum - 3/4 cup
- Spring onion - 1/2 cup
- Sesame oil - 2 tablespoon
- Tamari soy sauce - 2 tablespoon
- Water - 1/2 - 3/4 cup
- Wash and chop vegetables
- Heat pan on medium with sesame oil, add cashews and fry until golden
- Add vegetables (excluding spring onion) and liquid, cover pan with a suitable lid and let steam for 2 minutes or until water evaporates (if veg are still a bit too firm, crank the heat and add a dash more water)
- Serve, topped with spring onion
This recipe is very versatile and you can build of it very easily...
Fry with a bit of garlic and a dried chilli and some firm dried tofu from an oriental grocer (some brands are deep fried, some look like strips of beef jerky, read the ingredients list and experiment).
Squid Brand fish sauce is a nice touch.
Add a little ground lemongrass and/or ginger to give it some sweet notes.
Chuck a handful of fresh herbs, vietnamese mint and thai basil with some chilli and fish sauce will make this a staple in your week, right next to barre and stalking your ex on Facebook.