Poaching eggs is a simple skill that will impress anyone from your partner to a Sunday morning guest. Follow our easy method and whip this out once a week. Do a batch of 4-6 and you have a B vitamin superfoods at your fingertips whenever you're feeling hungry. Add to salads. Enjoy by themselves at brunch. Or pop them over avocado and toast.
In this recipe we are enjoying our eggs with a nutritious salad. Sweet and fibre rich pears meet infamous pomegranates.
Triple P Simple Salad
- Eggs - 2, soft boiled (we'll show you how)
- Pumpkin seeds - 1/3 cup
- Baby spinach - 4 cups
- Pears - 2, cored & sliced
- Pomegranate seeds - 1/2 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Balsamic vinaigrette - 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt - pinch
- Pepper - pinch
- Put 3Litres of water and 100ml white vinegar in pot
- Bring to boil
- Crack one egg into small bowl
- Turn pot down to 3/10 and drop slowly into pot - no bullsh*t whirlpool
- Crack second egg into small bowl and drop into pot
- While they are cooking for three minutes, fill a large bowl with water and a handful of ice
- Three minutes after dropping second egg in (hopefully you did that fast), scoop eggs out and put in chilled water - we don’t want them to continue cooking
- Trim the tail on the eggs if you desire - put aside
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, salt and pepper to make a dressing
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add the spinach, pears, pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds to the bowl and toss gently to mix and coat well
Add 1 tablespoon of our Walnut Parmesan recipe if you want to pimp it.