You have to be very careful when you declare your favourite cuisine. There are just so many.
However, if I had to only eat two for the rest of my life they would be Italian and Mexican. I can eat them both endlessly.
Mexican influenced food seems to recycle the same ingredients (beans, onion, cumin, avocado etc) but they just taste too good to get sick of. Plus they're incredibly nutritious.
Black beans, for example, contain most of our essential minerals. Plus they're rich in fibre and protein.
You can find similar positive stories for most of the ingredients in this recipe. Essential foods that boost your overall health and energy.
10 Minute Vegetarian Quesadillas
- Takes 10 minutes
- Makes 4 quesadillas
- Black bean - can
- Red onion - 1
- Garlic - 3 bulbs
- Avocado - 1
- Corn - 1 cob
- Cherry tomatoes - 1 packet, cut in half
- Spinach - 2 handfuls
- Ground cumin - 1 teaspoon
- Wholewheat tortillas - 4
- Optional (but really, mandatory) - Hot sauce
- Optional - Salsa
- In a pan on medium heat, dice and sautee the onion in olive oil
- Finely chop and add garlic
- Turn heat down to low-medium
- Rinse and strain black beans, then add to pan
- Cut raw kernels off corn and add as well, with spinach, cumin and cherry tomatoes
- While that is cooking, place a tortilla on a chopping board and add avocado to half the surface, spreading it like peanut butter
- Remove the mix from the pan and place into a bowl
- Then add tablespoons of the pan fried filling on top of the avocado, remembering to only cover half (try not to overfill)
- Preheat a frying pan on medium and add oil
- Fold tortilla in half to form quesadilla and add to frypan
- Heat until golden brown, flip and then serve hot
- Add hot sauce and dip into optional salsa / guacamole