Latte might be a bit deceiving. This is a creamy coffee alternative. The feature ingredient is of course turmeric. The 2016 superfood of the year. An immune boosting inflammation fighter, famous for it's orange as much as it's nutritional profile.
Stirring dried turmeric into a non-dairy milk is one of the trending ways to consumer the ancient medicine. Golden milk, aka a turmeric latte, works as a meal companion for brunch. But I prefer it as a tweener meal. Something creamy and tasty, that will hold me over. Could be for brunch or dunch. But I actually like it as a dessert replacement. Sweet tooth satisfying without doing any damage.
Turmeric Latte Recipe
- Takes 4 minutes
- Makes 2 servings
- Turmeric powder - 2 teaspoons
- Cinnamon powder - 1 teaspoon
- Almond milk - 2 cups
- Honey - 1 tablespoon
- Optional - Black pepper - sprinkle
- Optional - Coconut oil - 1 tablespoon
- Optional - Ginger powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Put all the ingredients in a pot, on medium heat
- Stir occasionally and take off the stove when the first bubbles appear
- Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top, take a photo and enjoy
image credit: Nutrition Stripped