Just like a cupcake, only it's a drink. Only it doesn't contain flour. Only it doesn't contain sugar. Only it's a nut milk... Ok, so it's nothing like a cupcake. But it's red velvet delicious.
My favourite element of this recipe is the food colouring. Beetroot is utterly unnecessary here. Yeah, it's a fantastic ingredient, one of the best foods you can eat, but it has one purpose. Make this chocolate recipe red. If you ever want to pop a strawberry smoothie, make your breakfast bowls pink or bake a barbie coloured cake, beetroot is your girl.
Red Velvet Nut Milk
- Takes 5 minutes
- Makes 1 milk
- Coconut flakes - 1 cup (or shredded coconut)
- Beetroot - 1/2, roughly chopped
- Cacao powder - 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla bean - 1 teaspoon
- Dates - 5
- Sea salt - 1/3 teaspoon
- Coconut water - 3 cups
- Blend all the ingredients for 30-40 seconds
- Strain through a nut milk bag
- Enjoy over ice or refrigerate in a sealed container
- Stays fresh in the fridge for 3 days