On paper these look like average bliss balls. Every blogger and her Instagram famous dog make these.
However, looks can be deceiving. When we had our retail store in Melbourne we would get compliment after compliment on these.
"I make bliss balls all the time, but they never come out like this. What's the secret?"
I'm not sure what the secret is. Could be the cinnamon but that seems too obvious. I think it's the chocolate protein powder we use. It's not too sweet. Rawfusion chocolate is the name for those playing at home.
Good luck with the recipe. Hopefully you get as many compliments as me on these. It's good for the ego :).
Raw Vegan Rollie Boys Recipe
- Cashews - 330g
- Pitted dates - 90g
- Vegan protein powder - 2 scoops
- Cacao powder - 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 160ml
- Toasted coconut - 100g
- Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor
- Blitz until it resembles biscuit crumbs (1-2 minutes).
- Scrape the sides with a spatula and continue processing, adding in the water gradually
- Continue blitzing until a damp muddy texture forms (1-2 minutes) - increase water if need be
- Roll in desired coating, we used some toasted coconut
Bliss balls can go in all sorts of directions. The flavour combinations are endless. One option is to add a few drops of essential oil to your recipe. They all work well. From peppermint to grapefruit to geranium.
Another option is to scoop in your favourite nut butter. More protein, more flavour.
Another trick that I learnt over the years was keeping a few extra drops of water on your fingertips when you roll these and add a garnish. You'll notice the garnish is a lot more obedient.