Hummus, or houmous, is your perfect inbetweener. The 10am or 3pm problem solver.
One thing that surprised me is just how nutritious chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) are. Seriously dense. Chickpeas are rich in:
They're monsters! As soon as I found out how healthy chickpeas I've started going through them every week. This hummus recipe is my go to every time people pop around to the house and I'll also whip it up in the afternoon when I'm craving something unhealthy. The protein in this hummus just shuts your stomach right up.
It's also such a great way to get another serving of veggies in as well. I love dipping with any combination of:
- green beans
.. So yeah, hummus is supposed to contain tahini and garlic. But I just don't think it improves the flavour. Try this version and let me know if I'm wrong.
3 Minute Hummus Recipe
- Takes 3 minutes
- Makes 1 serving
- Canned chickpeas - 1 can (400g)
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice - squeezed from one lemon
- Water - 3 tablespoons
- Sea Salt - heavy pinch
- Pepper - pinch
- Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1/4 teaspoon
- Open chickpea can, drain water and rinse
- Add all the ingredients to a nutribullet, blender or food processor
- Scrape into a bowl and drizzle on another tablespoon of olive oil
- Drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon of paprika to Instagram your spread