Ahh cheese, a vegans one true vice. But when parmesan, saganki, fetta and brie (I’m working on a bocconcini recipe too) can be made using a combination of nuts, water, salt and nutritional yeast then why bother with the inflammation inducing bovine bi-products?
Here’s a great addition to your fridge, that’s simple, savoury and beyond satisfactory...
- Walnuts - 1 cup
- Nutritional yeast - 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt - 1 teaspoon
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender
Process until it resembles bread crumbs AND NOT A MOMENT LONGER
My Serving Suggestions
- Spinkle on poached eggs/ avocado or pasta dishes
- Combine with oats or bread crumbs to make crust eggplant schnitzels
- Smear a little mustard on a grilled chicken breast/lamb loin and coat with parmesan/oat crumble - ‘Parmesan-crusted Lamb Rack’